A sign on this log reads: "While digging a drainage ditch, John Goldsbury unearthed some of the log piping which his grandfather, Barnard Fisher, had made to carry water from a spring across the street from the upper part of the cemetery, down the hill and across [what is now] Rt 78 to the Fay Tavern or "Beehive" which Barnard owned. One of these logs is in the basement of the Historical Society building."
for more information go here.
Replaced Warwick's earliest hearse in 1812 and served the town until the glass-sided hearse was purchased in 1904 or 1905
horse-drawn, with black curtains, silver trim
includes coffin loader, etc.
replaced this hearse